Because changing the name of software is traumatic.  Lazarus is what the
software is known as
Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazarus_(software)
Mailing lists
Component software directory trees such as Zeoslib

This begs the question.. does creating a non-profit cause more problems than
it solves?