Matt Henley wrote:
Because changing the name of software is traumatic. Lazarus is what the software is known as Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazarus_(software) <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazarus_%28software%29>
Mailing lists
Component software directory trees such as Zeoslib

This begs the question.. does creating a non-profit cause more problems than it solves?

Hi Matt,

Forming a foundation is a positive move....

All these legal issues are in your favour when done correctly. It's no difference than having a drivers license so that you can drive on the road.

Yes, I absolutely agree that a name change is traumatic......

However, Lazarus is not a very sexy name for marketing....

To me it just reminds me of being in church and hearing about the dead man pulling of the mummy clothes.

But what can be done is to take Lazarus and make a new word that is unique and easy to trademark.

ie

- Lazanu
- Lazzoo
- Laznu

etc...

Just something unique....... and legally defensible.

Hopefully a bit sexier at the same time.... something that we can make a nice logo with...

Regards

David