Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
So if I have started a visual package manager, to search and download
packages, should I continue ? or does that clash with something else ?

No, but it would be nice if it was integrated with the fppkg initiative,
as that one will eventually be the CPAN of FPC...
CPAN of pascal... :-) you mean... ?

I'm not really planning to change any of the current internals of fpc/lazarus. Just execute fppkg with a TProcess object when needed, from within a simple GUI.

The "database" will probably be an xml file, that will get pulled of the server. If anybody has any better suggestions let me know.

I am assuming that all the utilities on the packaging side already exist.

David

<<inline: LPM.png>>