On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:00:09 +0100
Luis Rodrigues <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just looked at the code.
>
> I think most of it should have to be redone, but some the ideias there
> are good.
>
> I wanted to ask the Lazarus devs with is the best way to implement
> this.
>
> I'm planing for each form generate a list of strings like msei18n:
> form1.button1.caption,original_caption,tranalated_caption

That's easy: Hook into Writer.OnWriteStringProperty (main.pp function
TMainIDE.DoSaveUnitComponent).
The question is, where/how to save the strings smart.
I would prefer one or only a few files for each project/package. It
would be nice, if the default would be to store all strings into one
file per project/package (e.g. a .po file). Then the translators can
translate this one file and the IDE will maintain the code/configs to
load the translations into the application.

> A library could be generated that would contain the strings and could
> be loaded like in msei18n.

I guess, po loader or dynamic libs have both their pros and cons.
Better split the translation process into several parts (moduls).

> Comments please.

Mattias