There is a standard for  UNIVERSAL CCD CAMERA DLL DRIVER INTERFACE (writen
in delphi. This document describes a software library created to interface
CCD cameras and client control software.(windows).This standard defines a
low level camera control library that is not in charge of things like human
interface, graphics, etc; this will be taken care of by the control
software. (A port for lazarus would be beneficial)...

If this is useful let me know..? (send me a email and I will forward this
to you) (source for the library is also available - GPL?)..
ALEX....

At 05:19 PM 25/09/2007 +0400, you wrote:
>I'm sorry but it seems the project will be still far from what was
>declared for a long time.
>I cannot to achieve suitable work using neither VideoForLinux nor
>VideoForWindows API
>because they are too primitive.
>They are not allow to change gain and exposure of webcamera. Without
>this adjustments
>i cannot get reliable LED detection without noise.
>VideoForLinux driver is bad twice: it's driver gives sometimes slided
>image from my Logitech QuickCam.
>At the same time this cam works OK via VideoForWindows.
>VideoForLinux2 driver doesn't see this cam at whole.
>Creative VoiceCam hasn't driver neither for VideoForLinux nor for
>VideoForLinux2.
>So i forced to look for suitible desicion using M$ DirectShow...
>Reality brings me back to Windowse...
>
>//------------------
>//aka skywriter

Alex Kovacic(PTC,HPTC,BSc,MSc)