<snip>
> This same thing is done to access C++ libraries in Free Pascal, so the
> other way around is certainly also possible.

If we can generate a dll/so based on the FP library then everyone can use it
but when people want to use the code as a static library with Digital Mars
C++, VC++, Watcom C++, then it is next to impossible to use the FP
libraries. I think FP generates the object code in DWARF format so you
cannot use the compilers that support COFF or OMF formats.

-Guru Kathiresan
http://twinforms.com/