On Nov 23, 2007 12:22 AM, Guru Kathiresan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> GCC is very slow in Windows and not all professional Windows developers use
> it. Mostly they'll use VC++ and Intel C++ compiler.

Then they should use an external library. (what's so bad about it??
Most c++ apps I see are deploying msvc70rt DLLs or something like that
anyway)

There is also the very important advantage of using a wrapper around
the current fpc rtl/fcl/lcl that it's very well tested, with a very
comprehensive test suite in the case of the core libraries, and with
lot's of people testing it daily. A new ground implementation will
have new bugs, and will have the disadvantage that it's code is not as
extensively tested as the free pascal libraries.

That's fixable if there are lot's of contributors, but it is more
logical to wrap the already tested libraries.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho