On Nov 22, 2007 9:21 PM, Guru Kathiresan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> but when people want to use the code as a static library with Digital Mars
> C++, VC++, Watcom C++, then it is next to impossible to use the FP
> libraries.

In that case I would say they can either use gcc where one can use .o
object files from fpc directly (like in a static lib), or they can use
a shared lib. Anyway, I don't think this is a big restriction.

> I think FP generates the object code in DWARF format so you
> cannot use the compilers that support COFF or OMF formats.

DWARF is a debug information format, not object file format.

FPC produces object code compatible with GCC.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho