Thers nothing wrong with Lazarus and no Patch needed. libmysqlclient.so cant be found on your system thats all, like the error message say. Maybe you havend installed the mysql client libs or thers no symlink to the libs.

 Hi,
I created a Lazarus project with MySQL database support. I used Red Hat 4.5 and compiled fine. Now I use 4.5 Red Hat and it gives me an error Project raised exception EInOutError with message Can not load MySQL library "libmysqlclient.so'. Please check your installation. Anybody have any idea what is wrong and if there is a patch for this. Thanks Lefti