I suggest to add also ZeosLib and Indy4Lazarus!

I disagree about Zeoslib and Indy. Doesn't mean I don't like then, I even use them. Both are HUGE packages. IMO, it's better for themselves to be independent third-party components. Besides, they also must keep the Delphi compatibility where they initially came from.

This is different with LazReport and VTV, especially the LazReport. Though lazReport came from FreeReport but I see it as a 'branch' instead of a port. Same thing also happens to SynEdit.

-Bee-

has Bee.ography at:
http://beeography.wordpress.com