Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho  wrote / napísal(a):
On Jan 25, 2008 6:23 PM, Ales Katona <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
That's not enougth. It already works for ascii characters today.
Please test with both unicode and non-unicode IDE on strings with
accented characters.
ASCII doesn't have accented chars. If you mean "non-utf local non-latin1 encoding" then pre-patch doesn't work on those, anything out of ['A'-'z'] is considered block before my patch.

With my patch, anything NOT listed in TSynWordBlockChars + TSynWhiteChars (if there's no highlighter), or Highlighter.WordBlockChars + TSynWhiteChars is considered a valid word-character (which MIGHT include some nonsense chars, but at least it doesn't block known word-chars, + it can be runtime adjusted (in a way to also support utf-8), unlike the current situation (where you simply cannot support utf-8 because "allowed chars" is a set of 8bit char).
I am also working on that and it ain't that easy, I can tell for sure.
My solution isn't final, but you'd have to rewrite much more to get a full utf-8 synedit. As I said, I'm not trying to do that.
You mean like that:

http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/lcl/lclproc.pas?root=lazarus&r1=13868&r2=13867&pathrev=13868

?

No, that's no efficient. We'll need stuff "on the fly" eg, things which will report boundaries etc.

Ales