Vincent Snijders ha scritto:
Giuliano Colla schreef:
For my applications I'm forced to use some ifdefs, in order to have the same codebase for a number of similar applications.

With Lazarus this need has further increased, in order to achieve consistent behavior with different widgesets: gtk1 TMemo doesn't scroll automatically when text entered exceeds the visible portion, while gtk2 and qt do, gtk1 doesn't remove the scrollbars when cleared, Qt disables the child form when then main form is disabled, while gtk1/2 don't, etc.etc.

You don't need ifdefs. You need to fix the differences.

Fix the gtk1 interface to scroll the memo.
Fix the gtk1 interface to remove the scrollbars, when the memo is cleared
Fix gtk1 and gtk2 interface to disable childforms, if the main form is enabled.

This is just a side issue.
In this very moment some additional ifdef's are required just to go on quickly. I met some of those issues while dealing with a test of threads with different widgesets. It wasn't worth while to stop and fix the widgeset just to make a test program output more readable. But once those issues are fixed (with my help, if I'm up to the task), the need for unavoidable ifdef's remains, related to application options.

So my question is still open. There's a way to make the IDE/compiler aware of the change of conditionals? I'm the only one with this requirement?

Can I do something in this line?

Giuliano

--
Giuliano Colla

Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong (O. Wilde)