> > I have set up LDAP so ldapsearch works for a specific user, but when that
> > user tries to login, that user is invalid.  I must have missed something
> > in the configuration but having trouble spotting it.  Some extra eyes
> > would sure help here.

Binding/Searching is a DSA configuration issue;  by "logging in" I
assume you are talking about PAM/NSS.

> > Below are diff listings of my changes to config files and their original
> > state as of the openLDAP-2.0.27-23 release.  Also changes to nsswitch.conf
> > and chkconfig.  System is running RHEL ES 3.9 and is currently the only
> > server and client.
> > I have made no changes to /etc/pam.d/* or /etc/pam_smb.conf

Have you verified that NSS is working?  Have you tested
binding/searching with the bind DN defined in PAM/NSS' ldap.conf file?
You are testing with nscd disabled (yes)?  Does the filter & schema
defined in ldap.conf match the one in your DSA?

I'm pretty certain that recent versions of Redhat provide an authconfig
tool that will setup NSS & PAM for you.

> > < passwd:     ldap files
> > < shadow:     ldap files
> > < group:      ldap files

This isn't your problem;  but most sites want "files ldap".

Adam Tauno Williams, Network & Systems Administrator
Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com
Developer - http://www.opengroupware.org

---
You are currently subscribed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SUBJECT of the message.