> Well, my doubt is, how to make the proxy and email services (running
> on Machine 2) interact with my LDAP server, in such a way that the
> proxy only authenticate users belonging to the group Proxy  and the
> email  only authenticate users belonging to the group Email ?

Simple,  configure the services appropriately.  For squid this is very
simply and they provide a module for it;  for e-mail you configure you
MTA and/or IMAP server.  For e-mail there is no straight forward answer
since there are x^n ways of configuring most modern mail servers.

> Is this the best way? Or it would be better to forget about the groups
> approach and create user flags (through attributes), like proxyAllowed
> = "Y" or "N" and emailAllowed = "Y" or "N" ?
> Or even a way to use ACLs of Openldap, allowing the reading of a
> specific field of LDAP (for example, cn=Email,dc=domain and
> cn=Proxy,dc=domain) ?

Sure attributes can be locked by group membership, connection origin
(hostname), etc...

> Well, sorry about the big mail, and I'm taking any suggestions!!!!!!!

---
You are currently subscribed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SUBJECT of the message.