Hello Adam! Thank you very much for your reply!
The problem (I guess it is a problem, not sure yet :) is, I'm using the pam
authentication in both squid (using /usr/sbin/pam_auth) and postfix (using
PAM and sasl authentication in main.cf), where, in /etc/ldap.conf the
pam_login_attribute is set to sAMAccountName and the server is pointing to
my OpenLDAP server (this means that currently everyone have access to both
services)

But that is the problem, I use the same /etc/ldap.conf (with the OpenLDAP
server URI, base, bindn, bindpw and pam_login_atribute) for both services.

Well, I hope this email wasn't very confused to you, and thanks again for
any help.

Best,

Steve

On 8/29/07, Adam Tauno Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Well, my doubt is, how to make the proxy and email services (running
> > on Machine 2) interact with my LDAP server, in such a way that the
> > proxy only authenticate users belonging to the group Proxy  and the
> > email  only authenticate users belonging to the group Email ?
>
> Simple,  configure the services appropriately.  For squid this is very
> simply and they provide a module for it;  for e-mail you configure you
> MTA and/or IMAP server.  For e-mail there is no straight forward answer
> since there are x^n ways of configuring most modern mail servers.
>
> > Is this the best way? Or it would be better to forget about the groups
> > approach and create user flags (through attributes), like proxyAllowed
> > = "Y" or "N" and emailAllowed = "Y" or "N" ?
> > Or even a way to use ACLs of Openldap, allowing the reading of a
> > specific field of LDAP (for example, cn=Email,dc=domain and
> > cn=Proxy,dc=domain) ?
>
> Sure attributes can be locked by group membership, connection origin
> (hostname), etc...
>
> > Well, sorry about the big mail, and I'm taking any suggestions!!!!!!!
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] as: [
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the word
> UNSUBSCRIBE as the SUBJECT of the message.

---
You are currently subscribed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SUBJECT of the message.