--On Saturday, September 22, 2007 7:26 PM -0400 Jimi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

We use Open Ldap with bdb, and after a import of about 15000 test users,
searching  for users doesn't seem possible anymore. About 2 hours ago I
started a simple search for uid=a* (as a filter) that still hasn't
finished. In slapd.conf I have loglevel 256 (and that is the default
anyway, as I understand it). But it still logs tremendous amount of data,
for this simple search. It writes about 40kb/s to the log file, and it is
now about 250mb big (it started with an empty log file). If I 'tail' the
file it doesn't give me any meaningful output. But maybe you guys can see
something that I can't.

How did you import the users? Did you create an index? What backend are you using? etc. It certainly shouldn't take 2 hours. On a database with 400,000 users using OpenLDAP 2.3 with back-hdb and BDB 4.2.52+ patches, it takes:

13.82u 0.86s 0:25.69 57.1%

25.69 seconds

--Quanah

--Quanah