Jimi escreveu:
Hi,

We use Open Ldap with bdb, and after a import of about 15000 test users,
searching  for users doesn't seem possible anymore. About 2 hours ago I
started a simple search for uid=a* (as a filter) that still hasn't
finished. In slapd.conf I have loglevel 256 (and that is the default
anyway, as I understand it). But it still logs tremendous amount of data,
for this simple search. It writes about 40kb/s to the log file, and it is
now about 250mb big (it started with an empty log file). If I 'tail' the
file it doesn't give me any meaningful output. But maybe you guys can see
something that I can't.

Here is some snippets of the log:

http://pastebin.com/m56954737

That's not level 256, it's higher.

The log entries at 00:25:53 are abit worrying however:
"DB_ENV->log_flush: LSN of 15/8738101 past current end-of-log of 1/451"
"Database environment corrupt; the wrong log files may have been removed
or incompatible database files imported from another environment"

The thing is that the data was inserted using slapadd with an ldiff file
produced by slapcat on the same server after some problems (searches
finished quick but didn't return any result ever). And in the process I
changed the bdb data folder and transaction log folder (specified in
DB_CONFIG), and ran db_recover -c afterwards. Browsing the tree using
Ldapbrowser works, but is incredibly slow when opening the users-subtree
(the one with 15000 entries). But not as slow as this search is right now.

The indexes we use:

index objectClass,member                eq,pres
index ou,cn,sn,mail,givenname           eq,pres,sub
index uidNumber,gidNumber,loginShell    eq,pres
index uid,memberUid                     eq,pres,sub
index nisMapName,nisMapEntry            eq,pres,sub

We have not configured bdb besides set_lg_dir and set_data_dir. Could that
be the problem? Do we need to configure some buffer and cache sizes? Could
the default values really cause the search to be *this* slow? I mean over
2 hours now... Or is there something else terribly wrong? Has ldap/bdb
entered some never-ending loop?

Any ideas or helpful tips is very appreciated.

Your search (a*) is not using the substring index because it's only using one character. Check the index_substr_if_minlen parameter in slapd.conf(5).

---
You are currently subscribed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SUBJECT of the message.