Jimi wrote:
We use Open Ldap with bdb, and after a import of about 15000 test users,
searching  for users doesn't seem possible anymore. About 2 hours ago I
started a simple search for uid=a* (as a filter) that still hasn't
finished.

I didn't see this mentioned in any responses. From man slap.conf:

index_substr_if_minlen <integer>
Specify the minimum length for subinitial and subfinal indices. An attribute value must have at least this many characters in order to be processed by the indexing functions. The default is 2.

As I understand, if your indices are not configure to use a granularity that would find something like "(uid=a*)" when they are created, the search falls back to a brute force algorithm which results in a *long* search and tons of logging.

Jon Roberts
www.mentata.com

---
You are currently subscribed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SUBJECT of the message.