Today at 9:05am, Neeland, Steve said:

From what I'm told. Membership info is stored at HQ and finance info is
stored locally on the PC.

When you connect to HQ with your MLS over the modem, it transmits all the critical data to them for backup and other purposes. This is also how your unit's MLS data is made available in the Stake MLS installation, and vice versa. This includes membership as well as financial information.

That said, there still are some non-critical things that are not sent, and are only found in your local backups. These include things like home and visiting teaching routes and statistics, and potentially other things, but I don't know enough to name a complete list.

If you really want to see what does and does not get sent, make a full backup of your MLS, then delete its databases or uninstall it. Then reinstall it, and connect to HQ for the first time. It downloads any available data from HQ, and the things that you're missing are the things they don't have. Then you can restore your good backup to get things back to normal. (Be careful, I haven't tested this, so there may be things that don't even get backed up. Maybe try it when you get a new computer for the ward?)

Mac

--
Mac Newbold             MNE - Mac Newbold Enterprises, LLC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.macnewbold.com/