Hi Nathan,

I can't speak for the Church, so you'll have to ask the proper
person within the Church about it. I can speculate, but I rather
not because I don't have access to all information. The only
things I know are what you stated yourself already ;)

Would I like to see some open source development? You bet! Would
I support the church in it? Most certainly. Would it be easy to
do for the church? I don't know. Would it be worth it? For me
most definitely! For the church? Again I would have to say I
don't know. It is easy to say yes, but as with everything it
takes resources and I cannot make any determination on what the
Church will do unless they tell us.

I know that I would like to know how many fellow LDS developers
are out there and what we could do to help the Church in any way
possible. Wouldn't you? ;)

Kind regards,
----
Manfred Riem