From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 11:53 AM
To: "LDS Open Source Software" <ldsoss@lists.ldsoss.org>
Subject: Re: [Ldsoss] Stake/Ward Web Site Utilities

Peter,

I tried using this feature yesterday to do an import into Outlook 2003. I got an error with the iCal format saying it was an invalid file so I used the vCal format instead. The import seemed to work but many of the events actually showed up a day early in Outlook (than the day the appear on the online calendar) -- it doesn't happen with every event, just some of them -- it may just be with events that don't have a time associated with them (at least the time doesn't show up on the month view). Are you aware of this bug?

Has the church also considered making a ward directory download available as well? Making it easy to import the ward list into electronic devices would also be a big win.

-aaron

On 2/7/06, Peter Whiting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 02:36:25PM -0600, Stacey wrote:

> Given that an almost working calendar export feature is
> available from the ldschurch guys I am planning to replace my
> script with an instruction page on how to export calendars
> directly.

We pushed a change to production that should make the calendars
usable in ical (needed a carriage return on the last line of the
file.) I've been told there are some issues with import into
koffice (apparently with commas in the body of the text) but I
don't think it makes sense for us to start mangling the content
of the description to accommodate the idiosyncrasies of different
calendar applications - rather we'll leave those for filters
executed by the end-user.

Please provide feedback, especially if you see areas where
the ical and/or vcal outputs don't adhere to their specs.

pete

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email