Pete Whiting wrote:
> I am aware that the ical file doesn’t cleanly import into outlook – a
> quick search of the error message on the web leads me to believe others
> are having similar problems – if you can modify the file such that
> outlook will accept it and then provide me that file I might be able to
> get the ical export to match it. Parenthetically, upon reviewing rfc
> 2445 it appears that commas, semi colons, and slashes need to be escaped
> in the description text. This fixes the koffice import problem but
> doesn’t seem to help the outlook import. I still need to verify it
> doesn’t break the mac ical import.

Just post test files to the list...  I am sure we would all be willing
to try them with our favorite calendaring application and maybe even
read the RFC to help figure out what is wrong.

> Regarding the ward directory, I’m hopeful this calendar export will
> prove useful enough to convince those who own the decision to allow the
> same for the ward list.

Hopeful as well...  Then I can get rid of another screen scraper and the
support that goes along with it.  I assume the concern is the "evil
mormon, multiple-level marketeer" that uses this data to push his latest
skin products and vitamins.  Of course, the data would be limited to
members of his own ward (who know where to find him) and members have
the option keeping their data private.

-stacey.