-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Greg Hart
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 11:08 PM
To: LDS Open Source Software
Subject: Re: [Ldsoss] Elders Quorum Organizer

> The great achilles heel of using the church's system for emailing
> is that only
> the individual can edit his or her own email address.

Couldn't agree more.  The problem lies in the fact that email
addresses and preferred names are not sync'ed with MLS like phone
numbers and addresses are.  I would also add to the achilles the fact
that only individuals, not Admins, can subscribe/unsubscribe email
addresses to specific Email Broadcast groups.  These are both on the
Suggestions for Ward Websites wiki and will hopefully not fall on
deaf ears (blind eyes?).  Until these limitations are addressed, I
suspect units will continue to stretch the "no ward email groups"
policy, simply because there's no good alternative.

-Greg

#!/usr/bin/perl
#y,d,s,(\$.),$1,gee,print