On 5/22/07, Jay Askren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
In the CSV export from MLS, there is also a unique identifier created
by MLS for both the family and for the individuals.  I used this as my
key in my Emergency Preparedness Program.  Does anyone know how stable
these columns are?  I use it to tell if someone is new to the ward
when an update happens, because I didn't want to store the membership
number for privacy reasons.

Jay

I also use this field for uniqueness and for matching up members of
families for certain reports (e.g., getting the names of the parents
for a child approaching baptism). I don't use them for tracking new
members, I have an "insert date" column which contains the date the
record was imported from the CSV file. That way I can look for any
given day who the new members were, or when a members records were
imported. From all I have seen, those fields are unique.

slide