I have heard it called confidential, but for the life of me I can't fathom
why.  Maybe like the Social Security number, some people are just touchy
about such things.

On that subject, I recently got a message on MLS pointing out that the
Individual Ordinance Summary is for handing out to a member, but the
Membership record is NOT.  But again, for the life of me, I haven't yet
discerned any difference between them.  And I certainly can't figure out any
moral justification for keeping information on people that they aren't
permitted to access.  Does anybody have any insight on this?

Tom

On 5/22/07, Slide <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 5/22/07, Bill Pringle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The CSV files from MLS also contain the membership IDs, which is a
> permanent identification.  That is what you can use and never
> change.  The internal ID value seems fairly stable, but I only use it
> to match up the HT/VT and Organization records with the Membership
> records.  I have defined an auxiliary file that I use for my
> program.  This file contains the membership ID along with any other
> information I want to keep (like cell phones and e-mail for each
> member)  By comparing the auxiliary file with the import, I can tell
> who is new and who is no longer on the records.

Isn't the MRN confidential information though? That is why I wasn't
storing it or using it.

slide

Tom Haws 480-201-5476
Have a beautiful day.