Jesse Stay wrote:
I am curious, though, the reasoning for protecting just the names of the Wards and Stakes? Is anyone aware of why this would be protected outside of personal use? I understand personal data, but I would think allowing publication of Ward and Stakes, and even locations would be beneficial in spreading the word even further on where your local LDS congregation meets. Is there a file anywhere I can get this from without violating the Church's EULA through scraping Mormon.org <http://Mormon.org>? My only other option is to have users type in their Wards and Stakes, which bring in chances for inaccuracies.

It is very difficult to anticipate all of the types of data and uses that people can think of when wanting to use data generated by the Church. I don't know if the Church would have a problem using the ward and stake names data but I would recommend that you contact the membership department to find out.

Tom