On Sunday, 23 September 2007 12:48 pm, Brandon Stout wrote:

> If I'm reading that right, then the moment we go into BC, we can no
> longer record months or days in BC?

That's the way I read it, too; however this makes sense to me. Our current
calender was adopted on a fairly wide-spread basis (at least in Europe)
sometime around 1500 A.D.  In B.C. times, each nation/tribe had its own way
of tracking time.  While many ancient calendars were extremely accurate, it
is often quite difficult to correlate their dates to our dates.  Much of the
time, it depends on how accurately we can date some important event in the
history of the ancient people. At best, we can get rough estimates most of
the time.  This is why it makes sense to me that B.C. dates would only allow
a year and not a month or day.

Brice