Eric Wolzak wrote:
> Hello
>
> I 'm sorry that my first post in this list is possible a stupid question,

Definately not. And a worthy cause, too.

> but i read all documentation i could find and searched google with
> no result.

Heh..you won't find this on google. You're forging a new road, here,
through unexplored territory...

> I compiled the latest test Kernel 2.4  including loopback, minix,
> ramdisk etc .  I then tested,  moving the bzImage on a working
> eigerstein2 and renamed it as linux.

Woohoo! That's great!

> RAMDISK: compressed image found at block 0
>
>  and this was  ** not  ** followed by
>
> RAMDISK: Uncompressing root archive: done
> RAMDISK Auto Filesystem ....etc.
>
> This will be the reason that the mount didn't succeed. (there is
> nothing to mount)

Correct.

> I tried changing all kind of options but i don't understand why the
> root.lrp is not unpacked.

The initrd patch (and maybe other patches) most likely needs to
be updated to work with the 2.4 kernel; the patch was made from
a 2.0 kernel, after all (and I think it had to be updated for
2.2, too). Somebody with some coding experience will need to do
this.

Any volunteers?

> The syslinux.cfg is unchanged and as far as i can see without a
> problem.

Nope, wouldn't be a problem in syslinux.cfg.

> do you have any suggestions,
> I hope the quality of the next posting is better ;)

There was nothing wrong with the quality of this post. :-)

--
rick -- A mind is like a parachute... it only works when it's open.

ICQ# 1590117   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (work)   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (home)
Help with LRP: lrp.c0wz.com      68 Camaro wanted: dingo.mcrnet.net
Windows users: Please delete me from your contact list when done
corresponding with me. You should trim your contact list often anyway.

My opinions don't exist, and as such, are not anyone elses. I don't
represent anyone, not even myself, and especially not my employer..