<x-flowed>At 01:03 PM 01/05/2001 -0800, Scott C. Best wrote:
>Mike:
>
> > What about DNS servers? They are best referred to by IP.
> > Especially  if they belong to your ISP.
>
>         Hmm. I was working with the model that the firewall
>would be giving out DHCP leases to the clients on the LAN,
>and acting as their DNS forwarder. As to what the firewall
>forwards to...if it gets its external IP from a DHCP lease
>from an ISP (or bootp or even PPPoE), then DNS info is part
>of that exchange isn't it?

What if I have a static IP from my ISP? Then I don't use DHCP, PPPoE,
etc. and won't have that DNS info.

I may either need or prefer to use IPs in certain situations. If you
don't allow me to define IPs I may perceive this as a barrier and I
won't use your code.

Example: Excel can read and write 1-2-3 files, execute 1-2-3 macros
and understands 1-2-3 keystrokes. This made Excel user friendly for
established Lotus users.