> > (I was looking at http://www.crocodile.org/~vadim/fwbuilder/ for a
> > example....but custom)
>
> That is FANTASTIC!  Conceptually, I think this is a sort of what I
> had in mind, though not with the GUI.  With a proper channel to
> getting the results over to the firewall box, this could be a nice
> way to go.

It does look pretty interesting, and is closest thing I've seen to what I've
been kind of thinking about.  I need to spend some time and crawl through
their XML structure (or get their GUI up & running on one of my systems), so
I can get a feel for how they structured their specification language.  The
front-end (GUI, text editor, or otherwise), and back-end compiler
(shell-code, C, or whatever) are secondary issues (at least to me at this
point).

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net