<x-flowed>At 09:28 AM 1/26/01 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 11:15:45AM -0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] scribbled:
> > At 08:48 PM 1/25/01 -0800, Jack Coates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I think networking rather than firewall -- even though many
> > > people use it for a home firewall, the LEAF developer mindset
> > > seems to be aiming for enterprise routing.
> >
> > but that depends on strategy, you guys might not want to label LEAF
> > as a 'simple home firewall kit' I don't either.

Jack & Pedro,
Do we have a problem with the project description that needs to be fixed?

>Well, one might always factor in the name, Linux Embedded Appliance
>Firewall...

Rick,
Along that line of thinking, should LEAF go in:
Computers > Software > Operating Systems > Linux > Embedded

>However, can we be listed both places?

It's not supposed to be, but LRP is listed in multiple catagories.

>If LEAF: http://leaf.sourceforge.net couldn't get listed in both,
>there'd prolly be no objection
>to LEAF Firewall software: http://leaf.sourceforge.net/firewalls/
>and LEAF Netutils: http://leaf.sourceforge.net/netutils/
>getting listed; then we put pages there describing LEAF stuff that
>can be used as firewalls and networking utils...

If we're going to do this I'd prefer to see:
LEAF: http://leaf.sourceforge.net
EigerStein: http://leaf.sourceforge.net/cstein
Oxygen: http://leaf.sourceforge.net/ddouthitt

At 07:43 AM 1/26/01 -0600, David Douthitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Computers > Software > Operating Systems > Linux > Projects >
> > Firewall
> >
> > or another category? LRP is listed in:
> >
> > Computers > Software > Operating Systems > Linux > Networking
>
>I lean towards the latter - or at least not putting it in "Firewall"
>as  LEAF is much more flexible than that.  Certainly I don't use it just
>as a firewall :-)

Point taken David. :) What do you think about the embedded suggestion above?

--
Mike Noyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/