The way I see it (FWIW) is that LEAF is a flexible system which can be
used on embedded hardware or regular PC's, for enterprise tasks or simple
home use. I think that a year from now we'll have easy-like-pie disk
images for home users, more complex CD and ZIP images for advanced routing
and analysis (big brother, LIDS, and MRTG are getting me excited), and
package bundles that would allow the savvy user to do anything the
hardware they choose to use is capable of.

And the easier it is to use, the bigger a butt-rash it will give to Cisco
and Juniper :-)
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: It's what's for dinner!