Jack Coates wrote:

> Oxygen is definitely nice -- I haven't messed with the packaging system,
> and I have issues with the snarf utility being built into a router, but
> as a thin server platform or general butt-kicking "look what I can do
> with two floppies" microdistribution it's really good.

Re: snarf

In the "readme" there is a section on "security" - including the mention
of snarf.  I've plans to create a script to "harden" Oxygen for whatever
purpose is needed.  Such a script would include:

* Do you want to remove uhttpd (a micro-web server)?
* Do you want to remove snarf?  This means you can't load packages over
the network....
* Do you want to lock the system so no modules can be inserted after
load?
* Do you want to remove ssmtp?  This means you can't send mail out of
the system (there's already no way to receive mail on the system...)
* Do you want to remove www?  These are the builtin system web pages...
* Do you want to remove fdformat? [...]
* Do you want to remove syslinux? [...]
* Do you want to remove mkdosfs? [...]

And so forth.  It'll be a question and answer session, with the system
removing pieces as it goes... or perhaps all at once at the end...