I've been getting an Oxygen-based booting CDROM ready, but have hit a
snag, and I don't know how to tackle it.

When the CD boots, it uses a disk image - I'm using a 2.88M floppy
image.  syslinux comes up, and linux and root.lrp are loaded and run
fine.

The problem is once /linuxrc takes over, it uses the boot= parameter
to read the first set of packages.  This should, I would think, refer
to the 2.88M floppy image in memory; however, how do I refer to this
image?

/dev/fd0u1680 doesn't work (it's not a 1.68M anyway); /dev/fd0u2880
doesn't work either - presumably, because both refer to the physical
disk drive, not an in-memory image.

I know it can be done somehow.... but how?

--
David Douthitt
UNIX Systems Administrator