Put the kernel, syslinux, syslinux.cfg, [and root.lrp?] on the disk
image, put the rest of the stuff on the ISO CD image, and put
boot=/dev/hda or whatever the CD dev is.

Basically, don't bother accessing the floppy image.

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 08:08:50AM -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] scribbled:
> I've been getting an Oxygen-based booting CDROM ready, but have hit a
> snag, and I don't know how to tackle it.
>
> When the CD boots, it uses a disk image - I'm using a 2.88M floppy
> image.  syslinux comes up, and linux and root.lrp are loaded and run
> fine.
>
> The problem is once /linuxrc takes over, it uses the boot= parameter
> to read the first set of packages.  This should, I would think, refer
> to the 2.88M floppy image in memory; however, how do I refer to this
> image?
>
> /dev/fd0u1680 doesn't work (it's not a 1.68M anyway); /dev/fd0u2880
> doesn't work either - presumably, because both refer to the physical
> disk drive, not an in-memory image.
>
> I know it can be done somehow.... but how?
>
> --
> David Douthitt
> UNIX Systems Administrator
> HP-UX, Linux, Unixware
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

rick -- A mind is like a parachute... it only works when it's open.

ICQ# 1590117                           [EMAIL PROTECTED] (home)
Help with LRP: http://lrp.c0wz.com     Home page: http://www.c0wz.com