I've downloaded the 20010527 version of the updated ES2B image (I'm playing
with the 1680K version).

After a very brief examination (only about 30 minutes), I created the
following list of things that still need to happen.  This is probalby not
everything, but I won't have time to really pound on things until later.
Note several items are minor things that simply need to be addresses to make
a clean distribution.

- The distribution needs a name...again, I'd prefer Ewald to name it, since
he's been doing all the work
- The syslinux splash screen should be changed.  It should probably refer to
the leaf sourceforge project.  We may also want to pull the links to
linuxrouter.org, but I'm not sure about this...
- The readme file needs to be updated with (at minimum) new links and new
instructions for e3 rather than ae as the editor
- The readme instructions need to be verified (ie put on LUser hat & walk
through the readme like a newbie, making sure nothing unexpected happens).

And on to 'real' changes required/desired:

- I'd like to see the java bandwidth applet added to the weblet package
- I'd like dnscache to be run by the daemontools package, if it doesn't
require too much disk space...this should help keep things standardized, and
make tinydns package maintainence easier
- Use the ramlog package instead of the log package...this puts the logs on
a seperate ramdisk, avoiding the full ramdisk issues, which are the most
likely thing to kill a working LRP system.
- Remove old dhcpd and dhclient leases...that these are around is my fault,
as they are getting backed up with root.  I need to add an exclude.list file
to each package.
- Modify the dhclient.conf file to properly generate an /etc/resolv.conf
that uses the local dnscache
- Update the network scripts...I need to fold my proxy-arp and Extended
scripts V1.1 together and create what will likely be the last of the
'mountain' firewall script derivations.  I'd like to see future images use
seawall, rcf, or similar.

I will take care of updating dhcpd.lrp & dhclient.lrp, and the network
script mods, but probably not until Tuesday.  The rest of the work is up for
grabs by anyone who wants to tackle it...

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net