On 12/20/01 at 8:34 AM, Angelacos, Nathan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The default screen is the "linux" config screen.  F1 will
> make the cdrom/largenet/firewall/etc." options appear, and
> F10 will make the "Linux" option the current screen again.

That's right.

> When using CDROM, it still tries to mount /dev/fd0u1680,
> fails, and goes on. Not a big problem, but you will see
> the read failure messages on the console and in the syslog.

The configuration is looking for a configuration file and for packages
that supercede those on the CDROM; it tries very hard :)

I don't like the error messages, though...

> Regarding the largenet SegFault, this is probably a stupid
> question, but could it have anything to do with trying to
> load 105 packages all at once? Has anyone else loaded that
> many before?

I strongly suspect it - but I can't prove it.  The loading is in a
section of code like this:

for ...
   if ...
      for ...
         installpkgfunc
      done
   fi
done

...and one of the for loops has all of the packages from the list in
it - and maybe the function has them as arguments...
--
David Douthitt
UNIX Systems Administrator