A message I just received from Apacer

<quote>
Dear Stefaan,

More information on the WP function. Apacer product is programmable for WP.
The WP pin is low active, so
WP wll be activated whenever the pin is asserted low. The system board,
however, needs to have a WP controll logic to enable/disable WP. Not many
M/B's supports such a control logic, so this is kind of a desgin-in feature.
Partial WP by block is not supported by the current firmware version. It is
technically feasible, but it depends on the quantity you required.
</quote>

Stefaan