> Questions
> ---------
>
> How do I get past the end_request errors being produced for the
> flash, which seems to be looking for a (nonexistant) floppy?

I'm not 100% sure, but what I think is happening:

Syslinux is booting, and loading the kernel and initial ramdisk.  Then
/linuxrc starts running.  The /linuxrc script tries to mount the boot=
device (as specified on the kernel command line), and if it can't find it,
it starts "fishing" for a boot device, by going through the device list in
/var/lib/lrpkg/root.mount.

NOTE:  Unless you're using very non-standard init scripts and boot
procedure, you shouldn't have to mess with rdev.  The root= and boot=
settings in the kernel command line are what matter...

> The 'lost interrupt' repeats seem to be caused by some sort of
> slowness on the pcmcia bus and/or an irq problem. How can this be
> addressed?

This I don't know about (I don't work much with notebooks or PCMCIA)...are
you sure linux is talking to your PCMCIA controller properly?  Sounds like
interrupts aren't getting routed properly once linux takes over the
hardware...

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net