On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 08:47:58AM +0200, Etienne Charlier wrote:

>0. It's quite amazing that such a great product has been developed
>    and integrated by a few people during part time ( when do they sleep
>??? )

Yes it is a fantastic project. I only want the distribution presented in
a way that makes it possible for more people to modify or contribute to
the projects development.

>1. I'm not a leaf contributor. I just use the binaries ... and I like them
>    You looked at the sourceforge.net but you missed the most usefull part
>    of the site.... the mailing list archive ( a gold mine for the one who
>     try to  use it )

Explaining how I arrived at my problems would be very difficult and time
consuming, because the issues come from a very heavily modified distro, I
don't expect people to take the time to understand all my changes. What
I would like to see is an environment where I can communicate all this in
a standard way so it's practical for others to think about what might be
wrong with my picture.

I did write an image extractor which I'll post shortly, this might help
with such communications.

>2  This list was the most polite and fair a ever seen ... till you came
>( maybe i'm a little bit too hard but I cannot express it more correctly )
>    (remember the dns resolver thread ??? )

I apologies if I hurt anyone's feelings. If I understand your meaning,
I do try to be polite at all times, if there is one place I'm least
polite it's probably technical communications. Sometimes politeness can
be difficult in technical forum, I can work on this. I really appreciate
anyone feel bad and I see no benefit from that anyway. No promises, but
your feelings for me might improve. I hope so anyway.

>3  You seem very upset by not being able to {use | install} bering on your
> system and you feel better if you can put the responsability on someone
>else.

I'm using Bering very differently than most users, isp verses home
/ small office.  My needs are very different, it would be good if
modifications and sharing thereof were easier. This is what I'm working
towards.

// George

--
GEORGE GEORGALIS, System Admin/Architect    cell: 347-451-8229
Security Services, Web, Mail,            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]