On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, guitarlynn wrote:

> On Tuesday 13 August 2002 12:31, Charles Steinkuehler wrote:
> > Not that I have time to mess with this, but what's the current state
> > of the art regarding multiple upstream internet connections and
> > possible bandwidth sharing?
>
> I believe Shorewall has this support built-in from some posts
> a while back. I cannot say that anyone has reported back with
> a success as of yet though.

Shorewall has in-built support for multiple interfaces per zone (the
internet being an example of a zone). Shorewall doesn't have native
support for load-balancing between two or more interfaces to a zone
because like Charles, I haven't had access to a suitable test bed. I have
reports from Shorewall users of success in setting up load-balancing and
takeover but I haven't done it myself.

-Tom
ICQ: #60745924  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]