        From: guitarlynn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent: Sun 9/1/2002 10:50 PM
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: Re: [Leaf-devel] Webbased configuration

        On Sunday 01 September 2002 15:08, Erich Titl wrote:
        > Mike
        >
        > you seem to be knowledgeable about the copyright stuff. I am about to
        > paint an entry page for the config stuff and would like to use the
        > LEAF logo for it. Is there a problem?

        Erich,

        Would you mind getting with Richard Amerman and working on the the
        www page format. Richard has already done quite a bit of work stream
        lining the existing Weblet page code. Possibly the two of you can create
        the front-end of a menu system a little easier by bouncing ideas/code
        together.

        I think Charles' existing code, that uses Jscript for setting up the
        graphical end is an excellent idea that saves some space. Mosquito
        is using a Frame setup (shudder!) built from Jscript that works
        quite well (GPL'ed). There might be some ideas from examining that
        code as well.

        I would believe we will want to use xml (or xhtml 1.x) compliant code
        in the html...possibly CSS style-sheets with the POST form method
        (to avoid more code to interpret GET and the 255 character limit).
        I have sent Charles a copy of James Sturdevant's POST patched
        sh-httpd application that will be available via LEAF CVS when
        Charles commits it to CVS. If you need a copy of it to work with
        before then, mail me off-list and I'll send you a copy.

        Does anyone else have any ideas, thoughts, or comments on this
        since both Erich and Richard have been doing work for some time
        on the interface end of the project.
        --

        ~Lynn Avants
        aka Guitarlynn

        guitarlynn at users.sourceforge.net
        http://leaf.sourceforge.net

        If linux isn't the answer, you've probably got the wrong question!