On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 00:22, Alex Rhomberg wrote:
> I'm starting to dream of a huge webpage containing information about all the
> packages in the repository; a short description and a status and download
> link  for each applicable distribution, e.g.

Alex,
I've been working toward this goal for a long time. I need to finish
populating our package repository.

To-do:
    S-Z in bin/packages/glibc-2.0
    bin/packages/nolibc

> Package      Info      Dachstein       Bering       WISP    Bering-uClibc
> ntpdate.lrp  ntpdate  OK (CVS-link)  OK (CVS-link)   N/A         N/A
>
> Obviously (for me at least), this page would be generated from info files
> for each package.
>
> For that, we would have to define an info format and decide whether these
> info files should be stored in the packages or seperately, e.g.
> bin/packages/glibc-2.1/ntpdate.info
>
> I would volunteer to write the script that generates the webpage once the
> .info format is defined, preferably in Perl, but I could also do sh. Or PHP,
> but I think the page is better generated offline, e.g. daily)

We already have a couple of solutions.

index-pkg-html.sh and index-pkg.sh
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/leaf/devel/mhnoyes/sf-admin/

    Example of output:
    http://leaf-project.org/pub/packages-list.html

[Leaf-devel] Package description file proposal

[Leaf-devel] Script for generating Web Archives

[Leaf-devel] More on the LEAF Repository

    The problem with the lua script solution.

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ which lua
    which: no lua in
    (/var/local/scr:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin
    :/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/opt/bin:)

--
Mike Noyes <mhnoyes @ users.sourceforge.net>
http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/