Gerry Weaver wrote about "Re: [leaf-devel] Re: WISP-Dist repositry & build
environment":

> I'm getting ready to install a couple of Soekris boxes running wisp-dist

> form a 25 mile link. I'll let y'all know how it goes. Does anyone have any

 > On such a long range timing can become a problem (SIFS timeout).

 > Apparently the logic behind timing calculation in Madwifi is in

 > ath_hal_computetxtime() in the binary-only HAL. :( But, since it

 > does return a number, maybe it is possible just to multiply it a

 > few times to increase the timeout... just an uneducated guess.

Hmm... Seems like maybe a distance parameter could be added to the driver.
Perhaps it could do some type of calculation to render the optimal time out
setting. Hostap my be a good candidate for something like that too. However,
I do have a 25 mile 2.4 link that is running well.

--

Best Regards,

Vladimir Ivaschenko

Thunderworx - Senior Systems Engineer (RHCE)