On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 12:40, Ray Olszewski wrote:
> But my reaction comes without knowing the reason why a change is even being
> considered. Did I somehow miss a recent thread here in which this topic was
> "brought up again"? Or are you (Mike) getting off-list requests for revisions?

Ray,
Yes. Some people want to move away from the SOHO definition to a broader
interpretation. This was discussed as a possibility in the past, but
wording was never agreed to.

My attempt above was very poor. Sorry. It didn't convey the intended
change. I'm open to suggestions.

> Personally, I like the existing wording just fine.

I like the new proposed goals better than our current ones. We've
completed most of our current ones. I believe it's our description that
people wish to work on. It's very hard to write a good description in
255 characters.

Current goals:
    Create an inclusive environment for current developers of the Linux
    Router Project to release their modifications to the public. Support
    continued development of Linux Router Project derived LEAF images
    and packages. Create a new LEAF version based on an embedded Linux
    distribution with 2.4 kernel support, while retaining the option to
    install the target environment on a floppy attached to the target.

Proposed change:
    Create an inclusive environment where LEAF project members and the
    extended community are free to release content to the public.
    Support continued development of current LEAF releases/branches.
    Create new LEAF releases/branches with current Linux kernels and
    libraries, while retaining the option to install the target
    environment on various devices attached to the target. Maintain as
    small a footprint as possible for release/branch target
    installations. Promote creation of packages usable by all LEAF
    releases/branches.

Note: I don't want to change our goals while a change to our description
is being considered. I only want to approach the SF staff once.

SF.net Projects: ffl, leaf, phpwebsite, phpwebsite-comm, sitedocs