-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Erich Titl
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 10:34 PM
To: Martin Hejl; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [leaf-devel] LEAF on Linksys Routers

At 20:31 26.07.2004, you wrote:
>Hi Erich,
>
>>I believe the Linksys firmware source kit is all you need. It is Open
>>Source, not available for all Linksys systems but for most current ones.
>>I know the sveasoft firmware is close eough to a standard linux to
>>support the firewall builder scripts. I guess shorewall would be fairly
>>easy to port. The current kernel is according to the makefile a 2.4.20,
>>the Busybox version is 0.60.0 according to the Changelog. It uses uClibc
>>so I guess changing/adding functionality should not be that hard. The
>>code for the broadcom wireless stuff is object-only though.
>Thanks for the info - that surely sounds promising. I've also had a look
>at the openWRT project, and while I'm by no means a firmware coder, it
>looks like it should be possible to at least get linux running on such a
>thing (and then decide if porting LEAF to it would be feasible).
>
>So, I guess I'll order one of these boxes (heck, one box costs less than
>the miniPCI WLan cards I use...)

Which ones do you use? I am interested in trying them on the pcengines
platform.

>and go from there.
>
>>Some source code leaves doubt on its adherence to the OpenSource license.
>>(...)
>That indeed looks troubling. I'm hoping that the openWRT project is more
>respectful to licenses...

I guess they can't. I believe the hardware relevant stuff is in object only
code, especially the wlan stuff.

cheers
Erich

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024 8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16