Hello Jorn & All,

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, Jorn Eriksen wrote:

Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:48:26 +0200
From: Jorn Eriksen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 'Larry Platzek' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: leaf-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [leaf-devel] Hosts.deny & hosts.allow

Hello Larry & All,

What I wanted was to add a "#" in front of the etries presently in
hosts.deny & hosts.allow
in order to make other functionallty to work out of the box - without visits
to misc files.
I think that will work but I hope the documentation will also be changed as It has been the same since LRP days.

As I understand these files need to bevisited anyhow, at least with the
present setup in the mentioned files, in order to get LEAF to work as
special servers with outside access.  With functionalty that do not require
connections from the outside (that is what I presume modelrailroad would be)
my proposal would handle as well.
Yes, I do block access from outside my network. I will uncomment the lines to add a little more protection.

I expected others to have said some for or against the proposed change.
Oh well...

Sorry did not reply sooner but have been away from my computers from shortly after emailling my first response.

And - we would also take some input to other frequently used lines in the
mentioned files that we can add with a "#" in front.

Jorn