Hi Erich,

> I know you want to avoid branches in CVS. What is the canonical way to,
> let's say
>
> - replace openswan with strongswan and still track current kernel
> development/configuration..
don't know about that one - the whole *swan integration into the kernel
is a bit obscure (due to the fact that the buildenv needs the kernel
sources, but to build a kernel, you need a buildenv...)

> or
>
> - have a slightly different set of kernel parameters... and yes, follow
> current development
>
> or
>
> - add a few applets to busybox
The easiest approach would probably be to change conf/sources.cfg to
point to a local checkout of src/bering-uclibc/apps (like I described
for using a local checkout for an older version - just this time, check
out HEAD), and make all your changes in that checked out version of apps
- that way, you can merge upstream sources into your cvs checkout. Just
remember that buildtool will not overwrite something it already
downloaded (regardless of the fact that there might be a newer version)
unless you change the appropriate setting in conf/buildtool.cfg

I hope that helps.

Martin