Hi Erich,

sorry - I'm not around the computer much these days, so don't expect
speedy responses from me for the next few weeks.

> I found that in the corresponding apps/busybox, there is no unpacked
> busybox source. Will buildtool use such a source when it exists or just
> unpack the tar archive regardless?
No, Buildtool will not use an existing source - it will untar the file
it downloaded. So, if you want buildtool to use something else, you need
to make sure the file it downloads is something else (for example by
replacing the tarball in your checkout of the apps directory)

> I modified the busybox set up in src/busybox, but this led to nothing,
> buildtool did not recognize the changes.
Depends on what exactly you modified and when you did so, and what you
did after that.

If you change the config, the safest way (I'm going from memory here, I
didn't double-check this) would be to do

$ ./buildtool.pl srcclean busybox
$ ./buildtool.pl build busybox

I hope somebody else will chip in here, since as I said, I don't have
much spare time at the moment.

Martin