Hi Mike,

>> If you provide software to download the source then the link it points
>> to _must_not_be_altered_.
>>
>> This is pretty sensible.
>>

> Eric,
> That's the way I understood things also (linking to up-stream source was
> permissible when distributing unmodified binaries), but DSL and MEPIS were
> contacted by the FSF for doing exactly that.
>
> http://software.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/06/23/1728205&tid=150
> This obligation is specified even more strongly in section 10 of
> the draft for the third version of the GPL, which specifically states that
> "downstream users" (those who, like Woodford, adopt
> the work of another project -- the "upstream distributor" -- for their own
> use) fall under these obligations.

I still don't read that Bering-uClibc is not compliant, in the case of
MEPIS and DSL they use packages from other projects AFAIK. We create our
own binaries/packages from sources and patches we also provide and don't
adopt from other distributions.

I can't believe the restrictions are as tough as this, and if they are I
still think Bering-uClibc is compliant or can easely be made compliant.

Eric